Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1977) Style "A"
Artwork by: Thomas Jung
Poster Size: 27" x 41" (68.58cm x 104.14cm)
Condition: EX-NM, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and has very minor handling wear. This is the "Funky Text" printing version of this iconic one-sheet poster. (NSS #77/21 and text tagline are located in the bottom right hand border). Poster is printed on a heavy glossy paper, with the paper backing. The colors are still very vibrant and vivid. There is some minor wear on the folds, and the poster has pinholes. The pinhole in the upper left hand corner has created a small ¾ tear. Don't miss out on this highly coveted poster, because they are becoming rarer and rarer as we reach the 40th anniversary of this beloved film. (Note* - The white credits area middle fold and some of the white border around the poster appear to look a little yellow. This only appears on the scanned photo, it is not on the actual poster. It is caused by the glossy surface of the paper reflecting on the scanners bulbs while being processed. We could "photoshop" it back out, but we want you to see the real condition of the poster.) Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
USA Star Wars Style "A" One-Sheet
Poster is one of the most easily recognizable and collectible movie poster artworks of all time. It contains the traditional Thomas Jung illustration, with the sexy Princess Leia pose standing beside Luke Skywalker holding his lightsaber high in the air. C-3PO and R2-D2 are standing below Vader's background helmet and there are X-wings racing to the Death Star overhead to the left. It has the tagline, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." in the top left hand corner, and the Star Wars triangular logo straddles the illustration and the credits area to the lower right hand side.