Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1977) Style "A"
Artwork by: Thomas Jung
Poster Size: 22" x 28" (55.88cm x 71.12cm)
Condition: NM, poster is single-sided, rolled, and has the slightest of edge wear. Poster is printed on a heavy stock paper and the colors are still very colorful and dramatic. This is a very nice half-sheet example from the theatrical release of Star Wars. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This half-sheet contains the full Thomas Jung style "A" illustration framed within an inner blue border. At the top left the tagline says, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." and on the right are X-wings coming in full force. It also has images of Luke and Obi-Wan together, the ceremony from the end of the film, and a massive explosion at Darth Vader's neck. Below the artwork on the right hand side is the Star Wars logo that is straddling the design and the cast and credits area. The 20th Century Fox symbol and PG ratings box are found in the lower portion of this horizontal poster. This is one of the only posters that includes the full Tom Jung artwork. Other posters include the 24-sheet USA billboard poster and the Italian (Guerre Stellari) marquee billboard. (Tag style info - Litho In U.S.A. / GAU Union bug / Property disclaimer license - on the upper sides - NSS #77/21)