Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1978) Style "E"
Artwork by: Tony Seiniger / Weldon Anderson
Poster Size: 27" x 41" (68.58cm x 104.14cm)
Condition: EX-NM, poster is single-sided, rolled as issued, and is in overall very nice condition for a forty year old poster. The upper white border has a tiny one inch slice tear in it and the poster has minor handling marks along with a set of multiple vein lines in the lower left hand corner (like something scratched or was laid on the poster superficially). All of which are very hard to see in the digital photos on a black background. Poster is printed on a heavy glossy paper and this poster, issued for the continuing theatrical one year release of Star Wars, is still a really nice example from such a limited printing. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
Unofficially called style "E", this cross promotional poster with the black background and white border was distributed to theaters and employees of 20th Century Fox / Lucasfilm Ltd. to commemorate the film's first year of release and the outstanding success of the action figures. The photo image contains eleven of the original Kenner action figures (only the Jawa figure is missing), surrounding a birthday cake with one candle. (Cake was designed by Cake and Art, in West Hollywood) The design of the poster was done by Tony Seiniger, and the photography by Weldon Anderson. It has the tagline "May the Force Be With You - One Year old today", on the top and bottom of the cake and approximately 400 were printed, with about a ½ dozen printers proofs. However, only 250 - 280 made it to 20th Century Fox, because of quality issues, etc. The PG ratings box and the 20 Century Fox emblem can be found in their respective bottom corners. (Tag style info - Star Wars Happy Birthday One Sheet)