Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1978) Concert
Artwork by: John Alvin - Illus., Design - Suzy Rice-Lane
Poster Size: 24¼" x 37" (60.96cm x 93.98cm)
Condition: EX, poster is single-sided, rolled as issued, and is printed on a heavy glossy paper, with the colors and images still very vibrant and vivid. The main defects of the poster are a few vein wrinkles, a minute nick on the left hand side edge, some white scuff marks, and on the upper half of the poster, increasing more towards the top, it contains reddish-brown foxing marks. Because of the scarcity of this poster, and the fact that it is always in high demand, don't miss out on this reasonably priced copy. (Poster listed at over $9,500+ in several online stores and eBay) Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This poster was printed at Continental Graphics for the Star Wars concert series to be held throughout the US in late '77 and early 1978. Unfortunately, the concert series was discontinued after the first nights performance at the Hollywood Bowl on November 20, 1977. The poster contains a white background with a red inner line trim around the frame. The illustrated image of C-3PO and R2-D2, playing an assortment of instruments, takes up the upper two-thirds of the poster. At the top is the concert series title, "The Star Wars Symphonic Suite By John Williams", and at the bottom is the Star Wars Concert logo in blue and red lettering sitting above the 20th Century Fox Film Corporation copyright. Very few of these concert posters still exist today, because they were not ready to sell as souvenirs during the first concert night. Over the years, a few copies have been giving out to contest winners of the "Star Wars Fan Club", however, most of the copies floating around today came out of John Alvin's personal collection, so it is not uncommon for the poster to have his autograph on them. John Williams has also signed a couple of them over the years.