Native Language: Return of the Jedi
Date / Version: (1983) Style "B"
Artwork by: Kazuhiko Sano
Poster Size: 82" x 84" (208.28cm x 213.36cm)
Condition: GD - FN, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and contains general handling wear. It does have some paper loss on Solo's face and some wear on the folds in that same region. Also, some white scuffs can be seen on the left and right hand black borders. Please click on the pics to see greater detail. Typically a large used poster like this will need a little restoration and then can be linen backed and readied for framing. Because there have only ever been 5 or 6 of these ROTJ 6-Sheets to have ever surfaced since '83 (and most of the others we have seen have been in far worse shape), don't let this gem get away. It will make your Star Wars theatrical poster collection become world class.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
Poster is framed on three sides with a black border and inside the partial frame is the rebel cast action montage with Darth Vader looming in the background. This cropped artwork from Kazuhiko Sano was the main illustration used on the majority of the posters around the world for the regular Return of the Jedi advertising campaign. The silver Return of the Jedi logo can be seen at the bottom of the illustration, and below it is the cast and credits area on the bottom black background. This six-sheet poster or small billboard was printed in four sections, to be put together and hung up in an area such as in a small billboard, on a large wall, or mainly in a theater's lobby. Poster was printed by National Posters, Inc. - Chattanooga, TN. Most of the larger sized posters for Return of the Jedi, such as this one, are extremely hard to find and if one does show up for sale/auction, they are usually found in less than favorable conditions, because of their age and general handling use after possibly being pasted to a wall or billboard.