Native Language: Empire Strikes Back
Date / Version: (1980) Style "B"
Artwork by: Thomas Jung
Poster Size: 27" x 41" (68.58cm x 104.14cm)
Condition: FN, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and contains general handling wear from theatrical use. It does have some separation at the folds in two places at the edges, small edge wear and tiny coloration flaws from being in circulation, but still a very highly presentable piece. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This one-sheet contains the Thomas Jung style "B" collage illustration framed with a white border. At the top of the "Action" themed drawing above Darth Vader and his outstretched hand is the tagline and it says, "The Star Wars Saga Continues". At the bottom of the artwork is the Empire Strikes Back logo, in black, and the section below the art is the cast and credits area sitting on a the blue background. The 20th Century Fox symbol and PG ratings box are found in the lower portion of this vertical poster. This is the poster that replaced the style "A" version, reportedly because Lando (B. Williams) was left out of the first artwork rendering, however, in reality this one-sheet was already scheduled to replace the "Rromance Themed" style "A" with a more action packed illustration two weeks into the release of the film. This version is the National Screen edition (NSS #800001) and it also has the property disclaimer and Litho in the USA markings in the bottom border.