Native Language: Звездные войны
Date / Version: (1991) Style "C" Foreign
Artwork by: Alexandr Chantsev
Poster Size: 17" x 25" (43.18cm x 63.5cm)
Condition: NM, poster is single-sided, and has been linen backed (actual size w/backing - 18½" x 26¾"). Poster is printed on a thin matte paper and the colors are muted dark and still very nice. This small horizontal one-sheet is a really unique theatrical piece from the former Soviet Union. A country who had to wait several years before playing the "capitalist" film. It is ready for framing and would make a great addition to anyone's collection. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
Original Russian release poster for the general public in September '90. The artwork is by Chantsev, who was one of Majstrovsky's protégés. (Igor Majstrovsky did the style "A" foreign poster for Russia). This smaller lobby poster is also known as the "Cantina scene" or also referred to as #650. The Russian Star Wars title "Звездные войны" is found across the the top in white lettering, and the red distributors logo (dp) is on the lower left hand side at the bottom. Poster can be found in both matte and glossy versions.