Native Language: Das Imperium Schlägt Zurück
Date / Version: (1980) Style "Deko"
Artwork by: 20th Century Art Layout
Poster Size: 18" x 33" (45.72cm x 83.82cm)
Condition: FN, poster is single-sided, has one fold, otherwise rolled, and has some edge wear. Poster is printed on a heavy shiny matte paper and the colors are still very vibrant and vivid. Poster has a few white scuff marks, one minute tear in the bottom border, and some pinholes. Even with the small defects, this is still a very nice example from the German theatrical release of the Empire Strikes Back and it's character promotional posters. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This poster was used as a theatrical advertisement in the German theater lobbies for the premiere of Empire Strikes Back. It is one of the character posters, in this case C-3PO and R2-D2, which helped to make up the German Empire Strikes Back Deko (decoration) display. Across the bottom, the paragraph says, "Die beiden liebenswerten Roboter, die einfach alles können, Millionen Menschen haben sie schon ins Herz geschlossen." (The two lovable robots that can do everything, just millions of people have already fallen in love with.) The text is in white lettering on a blue background, and it also has the German Empire Strikes Back title logo to the bottom right hand corner of the area. The rest of the upper poster has a picture of C-3PO and R2-D2 standing in an ice corridor hallway inside the rebel base on Hoth, and both have their name tags printed in white lettering.