Native Language: Das Imperium Schlägt Zurück
Date / Version: (1980) Style "Deko" Centerpiece
Artwork by: 20th Century Fox Layout
Poster Size: 46" x 67" (116.84cm x 170.18cm)
Condition: EX - NM, posters are single-sided, rolled, and contain minor handling wear. The edges and corners have a few small nicks, minute tears, and there is a couple of white scuffs on the blue, however, this is one of the finest surviving copies of this huge, amazing theatrical poster from Germany, that we have ever seen. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This super-poster (Mehrteiliges Großformat), which is in two sections, was used as theatrical advertisement in the German theater lobbies for the premiere of Empire Strikes Back. It is the centerpiece poster of the German Empire Strikes Back Deko display. It contains a vibrant blue background, with Luke Skywalker in his Hoth rebel fatigues, sitting upon a Tauntaun. In the lower section is the German Empire Strikes Back logo, which looks as if it has been colored in by an explosion of psychedelic lights.