Native Language: Hvězdné Války
Date / Version: (1991) Style "A"
Artwork by: Thomas Jung
Poster Size: 12" x 16" (30.48cm x 40.64cm)
Condition: NM, poster is single-sided, flat as issued, and is in basically "new"condition. This small poster is printed on a heavy glossy paper and the colors are still very vibrant and vivid. It was distributed by Lucernafilm Beta to promote the film after the Gentle Revolution / Velvet Revolution in December '89. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This small poster uses the traditional style "A" Thomas Jung illustration with the film's logo in both Czech and English in the credits area. It also has the distributors stamp on it - Lucernafilm Beta and the 20th Century Fox emblem. The tagline at the top of the poster says, "Největší vesmírná bitva na filmovém plátně" (The largest space battle on the big screen). Interesting Note* - The Star Wars saga was banned from the cinema theaters by the Communist Party regime in Czechoslovakia as “Imperialist propaganda”. The film was only allowed to be distributed by Lucernafilm Beta throughout the country after the Gentle Revolution / Velvet Revolution in December '89.