Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (2015) Concept Artwork
Artwork by: Tom Beauvais
Poster Size: 30" x 40" (76.2cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: NM-M, poster is single-sided, rolled as issued, and is in basically mint condition, other than having a few humans unrolling it to take a look at it. Poster is printed on 310gsm Ilford Prestige Pearl paper. This slick concept artwork giclée archival print is from one of the original artists commissioned to energize the marketing campaign for Star Wars. It is signed and numbered out of a limited edition of #295. It also comes with a COA to verify the limited edition print and the certificate has some really good stats and information on the artist's history. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
In 1977, following the US release of Star Wars, producer Gary Kurtz and 20th Century Fox took the opportunity to commission a new poster for the United Kingdom and international releases. This would replace the atmospheric Hildebrandt artwork, and the design brief was for ‘action’ and to put more emphasis on the human characters. The commission came to fellow artists Tom Beauvais and Tom Chantrell both of whom created alternative artwork for "The Star Wars Corporation". For his design Beauvais used wonderfully vibrant day-glo paint to make the title and lightsaber ‘pop’ with bright color. Beauvais’ bold composition is dominated by an over-sized Luke and Leia. Particular attention was paid to capturing actor Mark Hamill’s likeness, and uniquely this remains the only theatrical Star Wars poster in which Luke is depicted in his Stormtrooper disguise. Icons of Star Wars – R2D2, C3PO, the Death Star, X-Wings, and lightsabers – also feature, as does an indication of the written credits along the bottom of the poster. This giclée archival print is signed and numbered out of a limited edition of #295. It also comes with a COA to verify the limited edition print.