Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1978) Style "C" - Academy Awards
Artwork by: Thomas Chantrell
Poster Size: 30" x 40" (76.2cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: EX-NM, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and contains minor handling and edge wear. It does have some vein crinkles and minor wear on some of the folds. Fans around the world love that it has the iconic Tom Chantrell character firing collage illustration, so don't miss out on this vintage copy from England. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This is the second regular style version of the United Kingdom's Star Wars quads. The style "C" quad was revised in Great Britain after the '78 Oscars, to announce that Star Wars had won 7 Academy Awards. Poster is more common than the first version. It has the iconic Tom Chantrell character firing collage illustration that was used on all international style "C" campaign posters. Below the main artwork is the tagline, "May the Force Be With You". A large Star Wars logo in white lettering can be found to the right of the art and below it is the additional Academy Awards information, including Best Visual Effects and Best Original Score verbiage. At the bottom right hand corner of the poster is all the cast, credits, and copyright information. The quad also has the U rating on it which meant - (Universal) - Suitable for all. A U-rated film should be suitable for audiences aged four years and over.