Native Language: Star Wars
Date / Version: (1977) Advance Teaser
Artwork by: Hildebrandt Brothers
Poster Size: 30" x 40" (76.2cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: EX, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and has overall minor handling wear. There is fold separation in two places, that have caused very minor tiny holes at the intersection of the folds. Also, with the minor edge wear, a few places have a crinkle and/or dimple of the paper. Even with these small flaws, this highly sought after quad is a really nice poster. Don't miss out on this treasure. This advance British quad from Star Wars is the #1 international poster everyone wants from the original trilogy. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
Star Wars opened in the United Kingdom at two London cinemas: The Dominion and The Leicester Square Theatre on December 27, 1977 (both playing the film in 70mm Dolby stereo). The Hildebrandt Brothers quad illustration was used for the initial promotion of the film for several weeks during the holiday season. This international poster is highly sought out by collectors because of its unique horizontal landscape format that showcases the full artwork, and also because of the countries connection to the making of the film. It has the nice blue starry Star Wars logo, outlined in white, on the left hand side above the credits, and you will also find the small U Rating of the film (by the British Board of Film Classification) next to it. At the top of Luke's lightsaber and across the upper right side portion of Vader's helmet is the tagline, "May the force be with you".