Native Language: Empire Strikes Back
Date / Version: (1980) Style "B"
Artwork by: Thomas Jung
Poster Size: 30" x 40" (76.2cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: EX, poster is single-sided, folded as issued, and is in very good condition. It has some minor overall handling marks and edge wear, along with a little paper separation and tear at the middle left hand edge fold. This quad has the traditional Tom Jung style "B" illustration with Darth Vader standing over the cast of characters with his outstretched hand. The poster is printed on a matte paper and the colors are still very vivid and amazing. Original theatrical posters for the Star Wars trilogy from the UK are becoming extremely rare and this one is no exception. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This quad has the traditional Thomas Jung style "B" illustration with Darth Vader standing over the cast with his left fist outstretched and clenched, while is right hand is holding a lightsaber. On a blue background, the tagline, "The Star Wars Saga Continues" can be found in the upper left hand corner of the poster and below it is the white / black Empire Strikes Back logo. The cast and crew information is on the left hand side in black lettering and this particular poster is more often times found rolled, when it turns up for sale at the auction houses. This poster is the second printing variation, so it appears to be a little more common than it's black / silver logo counterpart quad.