Native Language: The Empire Strikes Back
Date / Version: (1980) Style "A" Foreign Art
Artwork by: Noriyoshi Ohrai
Poster Size: 26" x 40" (66.04cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: EX, poster is single-sided, and is folded as issued. Poster is printed on a heavy glossy paper and the colors are still very nice, vibrant, and vivid. This one-sheet is a really nice example from the Australian theatrical release of the Empire Strikes Back. These Aussie one-sheets from the original trilogy are getting harder and harder to find as collectors scoop them up. The poster has some small flaws and wear at the folds and edges. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
Australian The Empire Strikes Back Style "A" One-Sheet
This one-sheet uses the famous international Empire Strikes Back artwork by Noriyoshi Ohrai. The Twentieth Century-Fox film distributors in Australia opted to use this international design for their release of the film in August 1980. Having this famous Japanese artwork piece translated into the English language makes it a highly sought-after piece by westerners. Luckily, there always appear to be many copies of this Australian theatrical poster floating around for sale, however, the value keeps increasing steadily as the years roll on. The illustration is on the upper two-thirds of the design, and below it is the silver Empire Strikes Back logo and the cast and credits billing block area, with the "NRC" film rating. It also has "The Star Wars Saga Continues", in white lettering, across the top and the 20th Century Fox and Dolby Stereo emblems are found in the bottom corners. The printer's information on these Empire Strikes Back posters and the Aussie '82 Star Wars re-release one-sheets are curiously omitted, unlike the other Australian 'saga' theatrical posters. We don't know why, but if you worked for M.A.P.S. in the late '70s or early '80s and know the reason, drop us an e-mail inquiry.