Native Language: Empire Strikes Back
Date / Version: (1980) Style "A" Foreign
Artwork by: Noriyoshi Ohrai
Poster Size: 26" x 40" (66.04cm x 101.6cm)
Condition: NM, poster is single-sided, and has been linen backed (actual size w/backing - 28¼" x 41"). Poster is printed on a heavy glossy paper and the colors are still very nice, vibrant, and vivid. This one-sheet is a really nice example from the Australian theatrical release of the Empire Strikes Back. It is ready for framing and would make a great addition to anyone's collection. Please click on the extra large supersize thumbnail image to the right, to see all the small defects.
- Near Mint "NM" - Poster is virtually unused and in premium original condition. May have the slightest edge wear from improper handling, and a random scuff mark or two.
- Excellent "EX" - Poster has minor flaws, may contain small scuffs and dimples, crinkles, minute edge tears, and wear, but highly presentable.
- Fine "FN" - Poster has obvious small flaws from being in circulation and handled, but it is still highly presentable and in nice condition. Most used theatrical posters from around the world will fall into this category.
- Good "GD"- Poster is acceptable, may have tears, folds, stains, tape on back, small pieces missing.
- Poor "PR" - Poster is in bad condition and it should be restored. Unless otherwise noted, we usually do not sell any posters in this condition.
*Please note: - for posters/collectibles or grand total sale amounts over $1,250.00, we can only accept cash, checks (personal or cashiers), or direct bank wire transfers for these items. See full details on our Payment-Authentic page.
All of these authentic items are original vintage theatrical or commercially issued posters. They were used for the advertisement of the movies and/or other events associated with the distribution and/or merchandising of the films. We do not sell photo/digital reprints or reproductions of these posters. These items are the "real deal" unless otherwise noted in the summary of the description. We try our best to give the fans/collectors an honest representation of the current condition of the poster/collectible. Many of these posters have become or are becoming extremely hard to find, especially with the renewed interest of the Star Wars film franchise.
This poster uses the famous international Japanese Empire Strikes Back artwork by "Ohrai". Having this artwork with the English language makes it a highly sought after piece, because it was never printed for use in the USA. Luckily, there always appear to be copies of this Aussie poster floating around for sale, however, the value keeps increasing as the years pass on. It has the "NRC" (not recommended for children) film rating, and the silver Empire Strikes Back logo just below the illustration, plus it also has, "The Star Wars Saga Continues" in white lettering across the top. Interesting Note* - Unlike the other Australian Saga theatrical posters, the M.A.P.S. Litho Pty. Ltd. logo usually printed in the bottom white border has been omitted. Why, we don't know, because it appears on the Aussie Empire advance and regular daybills.